Sunday 13 July 2014

Welcome! (diving In)




Edgar Allan Poe is one of the great writers of the ages; he is also one of my favorite writers because of his use of the gothic genre in his story writing. Edgar quickly adopted the short story format for most of his works and was credited with popularizing it. He is perhaps most well-known for his tales dealing with mystery, horror, evil and crime. This is my blog post where I plan to share Poe’s works with the world. Because of the type of dark and Gothic genre of literature that is presented in the stories in this blog I have chosen an abstract, mysterious and creepy background to fit the mood and add to the overall feel of the page. I have chosen pictures that fit the quote being explained, these concept pictures of what is happening in the quote really help strengthen them and helps the reader picture it them their minds. The script of this post is easy to understand and I have even included Wikipedia links on words that might not be as common and hard to understand. The explanations are easy to read and the font is the standard world font. I have chosen to do this so that anyone can read and enjoy my blog without confusion. The title of a piece on work is one of its most important elements; it says a lot of what the piece is about and can be the deciding factor whether or not someone is going to read it. My title accurately depicts what my blog post is going to be about and it is meant to catch someone’s attention. Finally, to wrap the whole piece up and make it more unique, spooky, enjoyable and entertaining I chose to add a song that will automatically play in the background of my blog and a YouTube video.   

Enjoy!   

No comments:

Post a Comment